Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More questions - Why is Caius not wearing a shirt?


I have met with Caius Cosades but I know now almost as little as I did yesterday. I have been inducted into the order of The Blades which answer to the Emperor himself and no other. This is both a great honour and a great mystery. Why would the Emperor himself deign to take such notice of me?
As for this Cosades fellow! Not only did he meet me in a state of undress but he also offered me the use of his lice-ridden bed as if I was some cheap whore. But I stayed my temper. This is not a man to test over a trifle, his eyes have seen a lot of death, I think. Also it would appear that disobeying him, and I would assume relocating my dagger betwixt his ribs would come under such a heading, would be considered treason. I am in fact, to take orders from this old drunkard with the cold eyes.
He has ordered me to insinuate myself in the local guilds. Hardly the path to glory but perhaps it will pay enough to keep me out his bed and in some comfort elsewhere in town. At the very least somewhere in doors. I wonder if it often rains this much in Balmorra.

~ Claudia Faustina Basra, 17th of Last Seed, 3E 27) 


No comments:

Post a Comment