Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bringing Home More Than She Bargained For



I have visited with the local Ashlander tribes to obtain their permission to test myself against the Nerevarine Prophecy. They are a nomadic order and a proud people. Undoubtedly locked in a parochial society that has allowed very little change in hundreds maybe thousands of years. That they should be dictating affairs in any part of the Empire is anathema to any citizen who believes in order over chaos. Still their resolution to keep to their own ways merits some admiration. If only the choice to leave the tribe did not also result in being cast out by your entire family. Some choice that is. Most of this land is so blighted and bleak, I say let them have it. But they must accept an Imperial presence, if for no other reason then for the few that wish to leave the tribe. That one girl I met, the apprentice to a Wise Woman, would she have made it out if I hadn't happened to have offered her master an honorable solution to rid herself of a troublesome apprentice? I am proud to have assisted her when her tribe could not accept her questions though and I am sure Skink-In-Trees-Shade will make room for her at the Mages guild in Sadrith Mora.  

~ Claudia Faustina Basra, 14th of Hearthfire, 3E 27


On the orders of Caius Cosades I traveled to a Sixth House base, north of Gnar Mok. There, in the endless caves of Ilunibi, I slew Dagoth Gares a self-proclaimed 'minister' for the Sixth House. But it seems he may yet kill me as with his last breath he infected me with the Corprus Disease.
Caius is sending me to Tel Fyr for a cure, but I have little hope - everyone knows Corprus Disease is incurable and I have seen and fought the walking dead I will turn into. Such an ignoble end to all my plans.

~ Claudia Faustina Basra, 15th of Hearthfire, 3E 27

No comments:

Post a Comment