Thursday, June 13, 2013

Caius' Errand Girl


I have been attacked twice by assassin's in strange garb. They bore no identifying papers or marks and I do not know why they seek my death. It is possible they are members of the Dark Brotherhood? But who would want to offer that much coin for my death? 



Meanwhile Caius has me running errands for people all over Balmorra. Digging up reference to some old, destroyed "6th House" and a local prophecy about a return of Nerevar. Codswallop if you ask me, but I'm getting paid and for once the weather is holding.
Addendum

I was accosted by a grimy Dunmer proclaiming himself a "Sleeper". The inflection indicated it meant something to him, a title maybe. He informed me, quite pompously in fact that a Dagoth Ur had need of my services.I suppose not all of the 6th house were slain after all? Though I do not understand this reference to 'Sleeping'. I also don't know what he wants with me. It appears that much of this Nerevarine prophecy has to do with ousting all outlanders from Morrowind and giving power back to the natives. Insulting! Here the Empire has blessed their dusty swamp island with decent roads, strong forts, healers, organised guilds and now they want to keep all this and send the givers and builders away? 

~ Claudia Faustina Basra, 25th of Last Seed, 3E 27) 

No comments:

Post a Comment